Unit 13 Director
Why are you running for office?
I’m running because I would like to see more opportunities for member involvement on Hawaii Island. I am passionate about protecting worker’s rights and in an age where these rights are under attack in many states, I feel it is important that members understand what their union does for them.
What are your goals?
More outreach to members; providing information on how members can become involved and share their concerns as well as ideas. I would like to see Unit 13 in particular negotiate contracts that are competitive and keep people in Hawaii, rather than relocating to the mainland for better opportunities.
- 7 years service to the Hawaii Department of Education, School-Based Behavioral Health program
- Behavioral Health Specialist in the KKP Complex area since 2011
- 3 years of coaching cheerleading at Ka’u High School
- PhD in Clinical Psychology, M.S. in Psychology, B.A. in Liberal Studies
- Additional community involvement: Former board member on the Community Mental Health Alliance, Girl Scout leader.
- Child & Volunteer Protection Advocate AYSO
- Professional affiliations: American Psychological Association, Hawaii Psychological Association, Hawaii Association for Play therapy
- Outgoing, excellent communication skills, team player, works well with all sorts of personalities and attitudes