Why are you running for office?
I have become increasingly concerned that state and county employees and their unions have been unfairly and disproportionately targeted by budget cuts. I want to get involved in protecting the jobs and benefits of my fellow workers during this time of skyrocketing cost of living here in Hawaii.
What are your goals?
- Increase the percentage of members active in union affairs on Kauai
- Safeguard the accomplishments of prior Union leadership
- Promote solidarity within the union
- Further the agenda of the Union as it relates to the present labor environment
- 7 years within the State of HI system as HGEA Member
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Holds a Master’s In Business Administration with applied experience in Leadership, Human Resources, Accounting, and Budgeting
- Combat veteran with 21 years combined military experience, 17 as an Army Officer