Hawai‘i Pacific University (HPU) is a private, nonprofit university in O‘ahu, with urban and tropical campuses in downtown Honolulu and at the foot of the Ko‘olau Mountains on the windward side of the island, respectively. Established in 1965, HPU is home to over 5,000 students from Hawai‘i, the mainland, and over 70 countries around the world. Fusing the University’s unmatched cultural diversity with personal support and a deliberately intimate learning environment, students get up-close and personal with the subjects they’re most passionate about, enabling them to “look closer, see further, and do more.” HPU has been named “Best in the West” (Princeton Review, 2016), the most diverse private nonprofit university in the country (The Chronicle of Higher Education, 2016), and one of the top 8% of private colleges for graduates’ income mobility (The New York Times, 2017). HPU students also enjoy the #1 Return on Investment on the Islands.
- Application Fee Wavier
- HGEA members receive a 40% Undergraduate tuition discount (effective 8/1/19) and 30% Graduate tuition discount.
- Valid for newly enrolled applicants and current/continuing HPU students wishing to pursue an undergraduate, graduate or certificate program
- Discounts are not retroactive
HPU Admissions Process for HGEA Members:
1. Complete the Request for Application Fee Waiver Form
- An HPU admissions counselor will contact member to complete the waiver process and answer initial questions.
- For more info go to www.hpu.edu/partnership
2. Complete the Online Application
- Application available at www.hpu.edu/apply
3. Submit All Required Supplemental Documents to HPU
- Admission requirements can be found online at https://www.hpu.edu/admissions/index.html
4. Review and Decision Process
- HPU will take about 10-14 business days once application is complete. Certain programs may require longer processing times.
- A decision letter will be mailed/emailed to the addresses provided in the application.
5. Verification Process of HGEA Membership (only if accepted)
- Member should request a membership verification from HGEA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least five weeks prior to the start of the semester.
- HGEA staff will complete the verification form and submit to HPU. Member will be sent a confirmation of the submittal.
- Members are required to resubmit for verification each academic year.
- Current or continuing HPU students newly employed or a new member of a HPU partner organization must complete the form PRIOR to the start of semester. This discount is not retroactive. Example: Student is employed at a partner organization the middle of a semester. This means they have been billed and may have accepted HPU scholarship awards. Their eligibility for the discount starts the following semester after declining any other HPU scholarships or awards.
New Programs Available:
- Masters of Science in Cybersecurity
- Graduate Certificates
- Criminal Justice
- Public Budgeting and Financial Management
- Ethics in Public Service
- Public Service Management
- Undergraduate Certificates
- Data Science
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
****HGEA Member Only - family of HGEA members are not eligible****