In 1966, HGEA established the Charles R. Kendall Scholarship and Education Fund to honor the late Charles
R. Kendall, who dedicated his life to the improvement of public employees throughout the state of Hawaii.
HGEA continues his efforts by providing educational benefits to members and their immediate families. So far,
HGEA has given more than 2,000 awards to deserving individuals.
2014-2015 SCHOLARSHIP YEAR
- Application available: September 16, 2013
- Application deadline: January 17, 2014
- Awardee selection and notification: Spring 2014
Awards are available to members and their dependents who are attending or plan to attend on a full-time basis
a university, college, community college, vocational or trade school, or pursue other post-high
school study. Member must be in good standing for at least one year.
1. Financial Need (30 points)
2. Academic Achievement (40 points)
3. Personal Letter (20 points)
4. Recommendations (10 points)
to download the application checklist.