In 1966, HGEA established the Charles R. Kendall Scholarship and Education Fund to honor the late Charles
R. Kendall, who dedicated his life to the improvement of public employees throughout the state of Hawaii.
HGEA continues his efforts by providing educational benefits to members and their immediate families. So far,
HGEA has given more than 2,000 awards to deserving individuals.
2015-2016 SCHOLARSHIP YEAR
- Application available: September 12, 2014
- Application deadline: January 16, 2015
- Awardee selection and notification: Spring 2015
Awards are available to members and their dependents who are attending or plan to attend on a full-time basis
a university, college, community college, vocational or trade school, or pursue other post-high
school study. Member must be in good standing for at least one year.
1. Financial Need (30 points)
2. Academic Achievement (40 points)
3. Personal Letter (20 points)
4. Recommendations (10 points)
to download the application checklist.
The application period for the 2015-2016 Charles R. Kendall Scholarship has ended. The 2016-2017 application will be available in September 2015.